Hi! Thank you for checking out our blog hop. We are all sharing a stamping technique with you, so I hope you enjoy and like our ideas.
My technique is the Emboss Resist method. It is one of my favorite techniques to do and it has been around forever. I love embossing too!
Emboss resist is when you use embossing powder to resist color added to card stock. For this project, I used White Embossing Powder on Whisper White card stock then applied my ink colors over top. You could also use clear embossing powder and also use colored card stock. The possibilities are endless.
Stamp Set Bundle: Snowflake Wishes Bundle
Card Stock: Balmy Blue, Petal Pink and Whisper White and Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper
Ink: Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Petal Pink and VersaMark
- Balmy Blue card base cut to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Scored at 4-1/4 on long side
- Petal Pink CS cut 4-1/8 x 5-3/8, die cut snowflake from middle and set snowflake to the side.
- Adhere Petal Pink 4-1/8 x 5-3/8 piece on top of card base
- Whisper White CS cut 4 x 5-1/4, randomly stamp snowflakes all over with VersaMark ink
- Cover snowflakes with White Embossing powder then heat set
- Sponge Balmy Blue, Highland Heather and Petal Pink over heat embossed snowflakes
- work on scrap paper & start swirling ink on from scrap paper to your project. This helps prevent harsh ink marks
- Adhere piece of ribbon onto embossed and sponged piece then adhere on top of Petal Pink CS
- Die cut a different snowflake from Highland Heather CS and Glue Dot to the Petal Pink snowflake
- Die cut yet another different snowflake out of the Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper
- Glue dot Glimmer snowflake with glue dot and place a Blue Gem in Center
- Adhere snowflake to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamp words in Balmy Blue on Whisper White and mat with Balmy Blue CS.
- my words on Whisper White that is approximately 3/8 x 2-1/2
- Balmy Blue CS mat is approximately 1/2 x 2-5/8
- Add to card front with Mini Dimensionals
I hope you enjoyed my project. Give the emboss resist technique a try!
All products used listed below. Click an image to be taken to my online store.
Now, Buzzzz on back to see Dana's project or Buzzzz on through to Kim, who is next.