I don't know about you, but I cannot get enough of the Poinsettia Petals Bundle or the entire product suite called Poinsettia Place. When you want to make the traditional red flowers or go with another color, I do not think it will look bad.
I also love mixing up product suite items and making my own combinations. In my Blue Shimmery Poinsettia card, I did just that. I combined the Poinsettia Petals bundle with items from the Snowflake Splendor Suite collection. Let's take a look...
Again, using the Poinsettia Petals bundle for the flower and sprigs, the Designer Series Paper, blue gems, ribbon and Balmy Blue Glimmer paper are all from the Snowflake Splendor product suite.
The Creative Fold idea on this one did come from Linda Bauwin over at Stamping with Linda. She is my fabulous upline who has been a Demonstrator for over 23 years. She is awesome!
- 3 pieces of Balmy Blue Card Stock:
- 2 x 4"
- 4-1/4 x 5-1/2"
- 2-5/8 x 3-7/8"
- 2 pieces of Whisper White Card Stock
- 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper
- 1-7/8 x 3-3/8"
- 2-1/2 x 3-3/4"
- Blue Glimmer Paper 4 x 5"
- a Beaded Pearl and some Blue Adhesive Backed Gems
- score the Balmy Blue CS 2 x 4" piece at 1/2" on long side
- adhere DSP 1-7/8 x 3-3/8" piece to above Balmy Blue
- take the 4 x 8" Whisper White CS and score at 5-1/4 on the 8" side. This will form your card base
- take the 2 x 4" Balmy Blue piece and adhere the 1/2" scored parts to back side of Whisper White from step 3. This will create your flap. Make sure your DSP is facing forward.
- adhere the 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Balmy Blue CS to the 4 x 8 Whisper White. Fold & just hold the smaller flap of the Whisper White so you can center over the Balmy Blue card stock.
- adhere the 2-1/2 x 3-3/4" piece of DSP on the Whisper White flap so when flap closed, you will see the DSP
- stamp 3 sizes of poinsettias in Night of Navy in on the 4-1/2 x 5-1/2" Whisper White. Die cut them out
- Die cut 5 sprigs out of the Balmy Blue Glimmer paper
- To add extra sparkle to my poinsettia flower, I put some rubbing alcohol and several drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint into a Spritzer. Shake the spritzer to mix the alcohol and paint. Heavily spritz all the petals. While still damp, I pinched all the petals on the petals center line. You can really scrunch them up, just depends on what you like.
- I then used my Heat Tool to help dry them quickly. Adhere all the petals together with Dimensionals or Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Add a Beaded Pearl to the center.
- Before adhering to our card, add the Balmy Blue Glimmer Springs to the back and a couple of pieces of Snowflake Splendor Ribbon to finish it all off.
****When adhering your poinsettia to your card, make sure you use Dimensionals and on the left side of your flower. Your flap needs to tuck under the right side of your flower to hold your card closed.
Lastly, don't forget about the Blue Adhesive backed Gems!