Welcome to my SAVI Sunday Post... that's Stamping & Various Inspiration. Watch My Video Here
Today's inspiration is our Soft Pastels Assortment. These are pastel chalks that come in Stampin' Up! colors (Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy, Gorgeous Grape, Mossy Meadow and Poppy Parade). What a great assortment of colors. Stampin' Up! used to carry pastels many years ago and I have to say... these are Way Better!
In my Video, I show you the most basic way to use the pastel chalks. You simply scrape the chalk sticks to get some lose pigment powder, dip a sponge dauber into the powder and color. But first, the magic step is to stamp your image with VersaMark ink. This is the clear, sticky ink most people use when they want to heat emboss. Just like in heat embossing, the embossing powder sticks to the VersaMark Ink, so does the pastel chalks.
Here is a close up of the flowers:
- Basic Black card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored and folded at 4-1/4 on the long side
- Layer of Granny Apple Green CS 4 x 5-1/4
- Before adhering the Granny Apple Green, die cuts some leaves and the scallop circle
- Basic White CS 3-3/4 x 5 and die cut the right long edge with edge die from Hand-Penned Bundle
- Adhere above to card on top of Granny Apple Green which will hide your die cut areas
- Take a 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Basic White and stamp floral image with VersaMark Ink
- Using paddle end of Pick Tool, scrap pastels to make small piles of powder
- Dip sponge daubers into powder and color image (use separate sponge dauber for each color
- Die cut flower and add to card from with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamp words with Memento Black ink, die cut circle and add to scallop circle with Dimensional. Add to card
- Add embellishments. I used Basic Rhinestones on some of the flower centers.
I hope you try out our new Basic Pastels Assortment chalks. I will be showing additional ways to use the chalks so make sure you are subscribed to my YouTube Channel.