Welcome to We BEE Stamping Team Blog Hop for September. We are featuring our favorite Bundle from the 2021 Fall/Holiday Mini Catalog.
Mine is favorite is the Whimsical Tree Bundle which also happens to come in a product suite called Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection. I don't know why but there is something that draws me to non-traditional colors for Christmas time and this definitely is that! Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Misty Moonlight, Mint Macaron and Mossy Meadow are the featured colors of the fabulous designer series paper (Whimsy & Wonder Specialty DSP).
So let's take a look at my project which features a little twist! It is an Easel Card.
You will need: Pool Party Card Stock: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
Blushing Bride CS: 3-3/8 x 4-1/8
Basic White CS: 3-1/4 x 4, 3-3/8 x 4-1/8, 1-1/2 x 1-1/2
Silver Foil: 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 piece is sufficient (or scraps)
DSP: 2 pieces at 7/8 x 4-1/8
FRONT OF CARD
- Pool Party card base, score at 4-1/4 on long side
- Cut Pool Party card base on one of the 5-1/2" sides at 1" from both top and bottom to the center score line.
- this will create three flaps on your card front.
- glue down the two 1" flaps
- On the two 1" flaps adhere DSP strips (see the holly leaves strips...)
- The center flap (Pool Party card base) score at 2-1/8"
- Adhere Blushing Bride CS to the BOTTOM of the above flap
- Basic White 3-1/4 x 4:
- stamp words in Pool Party ink
- stamp tall tree in Mint Macaron and "dots" with Mossy Meadow
- stamp shorter trees in Mint Macaron at different heights
- die cut 2 tree dies and a bunch of stars from Silver Foil
- adhere three stars to trees
- adhere on top of Blushing Bride CS
INSIDE OF CARD
- Basic White 3-3/8 x 4-1/8:
- stamp words in Pool Party
- stamp short, wide tree in Mint Macaron on 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 white CS and die cut
- die cut decorative trim die for above tree in Silver foil and adhere to tree
- adhere tree to Basic White with Stampin' Dimensionals (tree must be popped up)
- glue extra stars around
- adhere 3" strip of Blushing Bride 3/8 Frayed Grosgrain Ribbon
- adhere all above to inside card
Fold on the center score line that you made on the flap and rest it on the popped tree so the card will stand up.
Now, if you want to see Linda Bauwin's project again, click the Back button below. Or see what is Next with Dana Davis, click on the Next button.