Today I have a great way for you to use our Basic Pattern Decorative Masks. Normally, crafters think of masks just for sponging color through onto cardstock to have the pattern show through, but this is a fun way to expand your card making.
Let's take a look at today's project:
First off.... I LOVE black-n-white cards, don't you? I keep saying I am going to create a black-n-white series. Leave me a comment if you would like to see that!
- Basic White card base cut 4-1/4 x 11 scored and folded at 5-1/2"
- Basic Black layer cut 3-3/4 x 5" and adhere to card base
- Basic White top layer is cut 3-5/8 x 4-7/8"
- Lay Decorative Mask over about half of the white top layer piece and press VersaMark ink over patter
- Remove mask, cover with Black Embossing power and heat emboss
- Cut 6-1/2" piece of ribbon and adhere
- Die cut Love background and detailed Love word (use Adhesive sheets! Makes life a lot easier on detailed dies)
- Adhere Love to card with Mini Black Dimensionals
- Stamp the word YOU with Memento ink
- Add Black Matte dots
Watch my VIDEO HERE to see how I masked off where I wanted my embossed area to be.
I hope you liked this project today. You can shop at stampwithlisabrown.stampinup.net or by clicking on any of the supply items below.
JUNE HOSTESS CODE: KCNQBAFX (orders $50 in product or more receive a free surprise goodie from me... if 0rder is $150 in product or more do not use hostess code to receive your own rewards)