Hello there! And welcome to our We Bee Stamping Team Blog Hop for December. This month we are all sharing a Simple Christmas Gift made with Stampin' Up! products.
I have a fun and beautiful project and I really hope you not only like it, but try and make one too!
People who know me, know that I have been crafting most of my adult life. There just about isn't anything I won't try... well, except for crocheting. I just never was able to pick up on that craft. Who knows, maybe one day I will try again.
Each year I try to come up with something different to make. It could be a wall hanging, decorated glass etching, floral arrangement, or a host of other things. This year I decided on ornaments. I have done a ton of ornaments in the past but I think this one makes it all the worth while to revisit the ornament idea! I just love how it came out and the poinsettia flower was pretty quick and easy to make.
Ornament featuring the Poinsettia Petals Bundle:
- Gold Emboss 3 sizes of the Poinsettia Flower petals on Real Red card stock then die cut them out
- Using Stampin' Spritzer filled with rubbing alcohol and several drop of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, heavily sprits the 3 flowers
- While still damp, crimp up each petal
- Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere the 3 layers of petals together making sure not to overlap the leaves
- Add a Beaded Pearl Embellishment to center with glue dots
- Die cut 5 Sprigs from Brushed Metallic cardstock and adhere to back of poinsettia
- Cut 3 pieces of Real Red 3/8" Sheer Ribbon to 6" lengths. Cut ends to an angle, fold in half and adhere to back with glue dots
- Cut 2 pieces of Gold Cording from the Wonder of the Season ribbon combo pack and adhere onto back of flower with glue dots*
- Punch a circle out of Real Red card stock to cover all the ribbon and springs on back of poinsettia. Circle punch can be 1-1/2, 2, or 2-1/4, which ever size you have. I used the 1-1/2" Circle Punch.
*The 2 pieces of cording: one piece is to tie the poinsettia to the neck of the ornament. The second piece is to make a loop to hang the ornament.
- add a couple of glue dots to the back of the poinsettia so it sticks to a glass or plastic ornament
- hang and enjoy.... or add a tag with a sweet sentiment for a special someone.
Be sure to catch up with all the other Blog Team members to see their fabulous creations by clicking on the button links below.