We Bee Stamping Team Blog Hop - Simple Christmas Gifts
Hello there! And welcome to our We Bee Stamping Team Blog Hop for December. This month we are all sharing a Simple Christmas Gift made with Stampin' Up! products.
I have a fun and beautiful project and I really hope you not only like it, but try and make one too!
People who know me, know that I have been crafting most of my adult life. There just about isn't anything I won't try... well, except for crocheting. I just never was able to pick up on that craft. Who knows, maybe one day I will try again.
Each year I try to come up with something different to make. It could be a wall hanging, decorated glass etching, floral arrangement, or a host of other things. This year I decided on ornaments. I have done a ton of ornaments in the past but I think this one makes it all the worth while to revisit the ornament idea! I just love how it came out and the poinsettia flower was pretty quick and easy to make.
Ornament featuring the Poinsettia Petals Bundle:
- Gold Emboss 3 sizes of the Poinsettia Flower petals on Real Red card stock then die cut them out
- Using Stampin' Spritzer filled with rubbing alcohol and several drop of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, heavily sprits the 3 flowers
- While still damp, crimp up each petal
- Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere the 3 layers of petals together making sure not to overlap the leaves
- Add a Beaded Pearl Embellishment to center with glue dots
- Die cut 5 Sprigs from Brushed Metallic cardstock and adhere to back of poinsettia
- Cut 3 pieces of Real Red 3/8" Sheer Ribbon to 6" lengths. Cut ends to an angle, fold in half and adhere to back with glue dots
- Cut 2 pieces of Gold Cording from the Wonder of the Season ribbon combo pack and adhere onto back of flower with glue dots*
- Punch a circle out of Real Red card stock to cover all the ribbon and springs on back of poinsettia. Circle punch can be 1-1/2, 2, or 2-1/4, which ever size you have. I used the 1-1/2" Circle Punch.
*The 2 pieces of cording: one piece is to tie the poinsettia to the neck of the ornament. The second piece is to make a loop to hang the ornament.
- add a couple of glue dots to the back of the poinsettia so it sticks to a glass or plastic ornament
- hang and enjoy.... or add a tag with a sweet sentiment for a special someone.
Be sure to catch up with all the other Blog Team members to see their fabulous creations by clicking on the button links below.
Buzzzzz on back to Linda Bauwin over at Stamping with Linda or Buzzzzz on forward to see what Karen Burke has been up to...
Thank you everyone!
Posted by: Stamp with Lisa Brown | 12/05/2020 at 10:41 AM
Oh that’s pretty,love it😍
Posted by: Linda Zavesky | 12/02/2020 at 06:07 PM
So beautiful and clever! I love it!
Posted by: Karen Burke | 12/02/2020 at 08:41 AM
Wow, such a pretty ornament!
Posted by: Mary Ann Rossiter | 12/01/2020 at 11:44 PM
What a pretty ornament! I love the gold embossing!
Posted by: Kim Baker | 12/01/2020 at 09:53 PM
The gold embossing on the Real Red Cardstock really POPs!
Posted by: Dana Davis | 12/01/2020 at 09:43 PM
Posted by: Linda Bauwin | 12/01/2020 at 09:04 PM