Welcome to my SAVI Sunday - Episode 41: Candle Gift Holder
Here is a unique gift holder for the holidays, or any occasion. Lots of my friends and family love candles and what a great little gift or stocking stuffer. This one here is going to co-workers and features a candle from a local store from here in North East Ohio, Root Candles. You should check them out. If you live local, their store is a must see!
Here is what you need to create this gift box:
- 2 pieces of Merry Merlot cardstock cut to 7-1/2 x 11"
- score both pieces of cardstock the same:
- on 11" side, score at: 3", 6-1/2", and 8-1/4 (then quarter turn counter clockwise)
- on 7-1/2" side, score at: 3-1/2" and 7"
- fold paper back on top score line and make tiny score marks along the fold
- tiny score marks are at 1-3/8", 2-1/8", 4-7/8" and 5-5/8"
- we will need 4 pieces of Designer Series Paper each 3-1/4" x 3-1/4". I used Plush Poinsettia Plush Paper to decorate outside of box
- Tag: Whisper White cardstock 1" x 2-3/4
- Tag: Merry Merlot cardstock 1-1/4" x 3"
Now you have to watch my VIDEO to see the rest of the scoring and cutting instructions.
I have to give credit to blogger Darby over at "Rejoice and Create" for this fabulous idea. I just loved, what she calls a flare top gift box, that I wanted to try for myself. Darby have a diagram of the cut and score instructions too.