SAVI Sunday 27 - Using the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper (2)
I am doing a short series on how to use the Flocked Vellum paper from the Poinsettia Place Suite available in the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog. This specialty paper is so pretty and a unique offering in this holiday catalog.
Did you catch the first way I showed how to alter and use this paper? If not, be sure to catch that HERE.
So my 2nd way.... Color the flocking with Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers:
I carefully used my Blends to color in the flocking and then backed it onto a Thick Whisper White Card stock base helped make it stand out. Be careful if your Blends marker is newer, you only need to use a light touch.
Here's a nice close up of the sleigh and some of the coloring:
- Thick Whisper White CS base: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
- Plush Poinsettia Paper: 4-1/4 x 5-3/8
- Cherry Cobbler CS: 1-1/2 x 4-1/8
- Color the Plush Poinsettia paper with Blends markers using Dark Old Olive, Light Cherry Cobbler and Light Soft Suede
- Adhere with Mini Glue Dots to card base
- Adhere Cherry Cobbler CS
- Stamp sleigh in Black Momento ink and color with Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler Blends, then die cut
- Die cut 2 large leaves in Mossy Meadow and 2 in Gold Foil
- Die cut 2 small leaves in Gold Foil
- Adhere leaves to back of sleigh and add sleigh on top of Cherry Cobbler CS with Dimensionals
- Add Gold Glitter Enamel Dots
- Stamp words in Black Memento on Whisper White and adhere
Watch my step-by-step video: