Hi there... thanks for stopping by. I have a surprise combination for you with this card project.
In the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog (aka... holiday catalog as I call it), there is a great product suite called Magic In this Night. You should click on that title and check it out, especially if you love Halloween! Super cool stuff in that suite.
For me though, my eyes went right to the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper (DSP). I could see right past the Halloween themes and saw the really pretty black-n-white flowers, stripes, and ornate designs. So that is what I choose as my background paper. I love how this card came out!
- Basic Black Card stock (CS) cut 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4 on the long side to form card base
- Adhere piece of Whisper White CS cut 4-1/8 x 5-3/8
- Wrap about a 6" piece of Metallic Mesh Ribbon across front & around edges of DSP (DSP is 4 x 5-1/4)
- Adhere DSP to card on top of Whisper White CS
- Die cut the 4 Peony Dies from Whisper White CS
- Using Sponge Dauber and Black Memento ink, sponge all around the flowers, then assemble them
- Die cut flower stamen center from Black Glitter Paper and adhere to flower
- Die cut 3 solid leaves from Granny Apple Green CS
- Die cut 3 detail leaves from Mossy Meadow CS and adhere these on top of Granny Apple Green
- Adhere leaves onto back of Peony flower
- Adhere flower to card front with Dimensionals
- Stamp words in Black Memento Ink on Whisper White CS (3/4 x 2-1/2) & flag cut the one end
- Embellish with Iridescent Pearls
I hope you like this card using Halloween paper that is not so Halloweenie... LOL!
You can shop on my Online Store by clicking on any of the products below, clicking my Shop button above or by going to stampwithlisabrown.stampinup.net.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.