Savi Sunday 22 - 6 Ways to use Designer Series Paper 6x6 Paper Stack
Well, I know its not Sunday but I thought I would go ahead and post anyways. Have you ever heard the expression, things happen in 3's. This is my three!!!
We had a really bad thunderstorm come through on Sunday and knocked out the electricity. Then as I was recording my video, it cut off the very end... not really sure what happened but it is not there, so make sure you take a look at the last picture below. It's probably my favorite out of them all. Lastly, the video editing program I use for my Savi Sunday videos updated.... do I need to say more. Ugh - technology!
Don't forget to click on the images to get a clearer picture... I don't know why it does that :)
1st Idea: use your DSP has the focal point
- standard A2 card base (5-1/5 x 8-1/2)
- Whisper White card stock layer 4 x 5-1/4
- cut 6x6 DSP to 3-3/4 x 5 and opposite pattern 2-1/4 x 5
- add small piece of DSP with Stampin' Dimensionals
- label and words from So Sentimental Bundle
2nd Idea: use left over strips to add some interest to the inside of your card
3rd Idea: die cut your DSP papers
I love how this one came out! I used Just Jade, Cinnamon Cider and Bumblebee 6x6 Paper Stack and die cut with the Celebrate Sunflowers dies.
The Whisper White layer is 4 x 5-1/4 adhered to a Cinnamon Cider card base.
4th Idea: use punches with your DSP paper
Above is a very simple card but I like it. Card base is Magenta Madness 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 with a piece of Whisper White on top. White is 4 x 5-1/4. I stamped the vase with Memento Black ink and colored with Misty Moonlight Blends markers. Stamped a few leaves in Just Jade and added the punched flowers with Mini Dimensionals. I used the Small Bloom Punch and punches out three different patterned blooms.
5th Idea: alter DSP paper with inked embossing folder
- card base in Misty Moonlight card stock. 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
- layer of In-Color DSP cut 4-1/8 x 5-7/8
- Whisper White layer is cut to 3 x 5-1/4
- rectangle piece of DSP cut to 2-3/4 x 5 ran through Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder "Inked"
- I took Misty Moonlight ink pad and lightly tapped onto the Dainty Diamonds folder before putting my paper in and running through my embossing machine
- words stamped in Misty Moonlight on a piece of Whisper White measuring 1 x 3. Adhered with Dimensionals
- sunflowers stamped on Whisper White with Memento Black ink
- color sunflower with Mango Melody, Cinnamon Cider and Just Jade Stampin' Blends
- take 2 In Good Taste Elements and color in Jude Jade either Blends markers or with a Sponge Dauber and ink pad. Adhere with glue dots
- die cut a sunflower with Misty Moonlight card stock and layer behind colored sunflower. Add to card with Dimensionals
6th Idea: color your DSP
- card base is Thick Whisper White 5-1/4 x 8-1/2. Make sure you pre-score at 4-1/4 before you fold to help prevent cracking because of paper thickness
- polka dot DSP layer is 4 x 5-1/4 and I did an Ombre coloring on it. Lightest area is Seaside Spray, then Misty Moonlight and the darkest is Night of Navy. I used my Sponge Brayer to roll on the inks.
- Layer of Whisper White is 3-1/4 x 4-1/2 adhere to card with Dimensionals
- Add a piece of Flowers for Every Season DSP cut 3 x 4-1/2
- wrap with a piece of Misty Moonlight Ribbon
- words, stamped in Misty Moonlight, are from the So Sentimental Bundle along with the scallop label die. Adhere with Dimensionals
- finish off with adding some gorgeous Elegant Faceted Gems!