I love when Stampin' Up! carries over product from one season to the next and this project have several items. Stamps, dies, and paper from last year's holiday catalog are still available. This cardinal, not only being Ohio's state bird, is such a classic symbol at Christmas time.
The Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper is a classic too. I don't know why but the designs remind me of my childhood. It must be something, maybe a decoration, from when I was little. The paper is unique too... one side is all Real Red and the reverse is all Garden Green. With a Very Vanilla base, it adds the perfect antique or aged feel. Take a look!
Here are my card details:
- Real Red card base cut 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4 on the long side
- Piece of Toile Tidings DSP (green pattern) cut 4 x 5-1/4
- Piece of Toile Tidings DSP (red pattern) cut 3-1/4 x 4-1/2
- Very Vanilla CS cut 3 x 4... stamp words in upper right corner
- Adhere all above piece in order
- On a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Very Vanilla CS, stamp cardinal and branch.
- Color images with Stampin' Blends markers (Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight)
- Die cut images and adhere branch to card front then use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere cardinal